- Project Manager, Teaching Tolerance. Formative research, design, coordination and implementation of multiple multi-year initiatives to enhance Teaching Tolerance’s free offerings for K-12 educators. Current projects include: an examination of America’s legacy of racial injustice, with a focus on teaching and learning about the history of American slavery; and development of a multi-media suite of materials to help teachers boost their students’ digital literacy skills.
- Organizational Development Consultant, Alabama Organizing Project. The Alabama Organizing Project is a unique collaboration of six of Alabama’s premiere statewide progressive organizations working for social change. Providing organizational development support, Shuster Consulting, Inc. researches, writes, monitors and reports on grants. In addition, we work closely with program staff to ensure high quality program implementation.
- Co-Director, Middle School Public Debate Program. The Middle School Public Debate Program is the world’s largest initiative for debating among young adolescents. Kate was the co-creator of this initiative, now serving students in more than 400 schools nationally. She currently serves in an advisory capacity, facilitating program development and monitoring program implementation.
- Program Advisor, Whitman Teaches the Movement. Worked with Whitman College’s Student Engagement Center to design and implement Whitman Teaches the Movement, an innovative community service project linking Whitman undergraduates with students in the Walla Walls Public Schools for teaching and learning about the civil rights movement. Kate delivered invited public lectures at Whitman in 2012 and 2014 in support of this effort, which has drawn hundreds of Whitman students to volunteer in their community. In 2014, representatives from more than a dozen new colleges and universities will seek to develop programs modeled on this initiative.
- Research Consultant, Teaching Tolerance
- Evaluation Manager, Perspectives for a Diverse America.
- Project Manager, Online Mentoring Program, Strive for College.
- President, Pan-American Debate Organization.
- Program Development Consultant, QatarDebate.
- Senior Research Associate, Program Evaluation of Afterschool All-stars.
- Principal Investigator, Program Evaluation of Partners in Education.
- Senior Research Associate, Research Support Services, Inc., Los Angeles Unified School District Beyond the Bell Program Evaluation.
- Teacher Development Consultant, Claremont Graduate University Teacher Education Internship Program.